Tuesday, July 28, 2009


























On Saturday I hosted a little goodbye fundraiser Coffeehouse. I was SO blessed by the turnout. It was such a good time of sharing my heart, some music, and hanging out with dear friends and family. I received so many awesome books to take with me for the library at the school and also was blessed to receive some money too. Almost all of which is going to buying some other books and paying to ship them. :)

In fact, it was delightful. I was so blessed by my church family for helping purchase lots of coffee and teas and donuts. Also, the Goods made me a scrapbook which I'm taking with me and will save me on many a sad homesick day. I had a plethora of friends far away praying for me who couldn't make it. Chabod was soooooooooo wonderful to work with when planning it. Marcia came early to help set up, helped pick out my outfit and was the photographer of the evening capturing so many great memories!! Also, the amazing Lania Clark was my flutist and otherwise security blanket. 

If you missed it, sorry! Maybe another time, or maybe not! hahahha....I'm not actually a singer, so.....this was a stretch and perhaps not one I'll repeat. :)

I spent most of today putting all of my younger siblings to work on finalizing my prayer cards and helping me pack. 

Yesterday some wonderful men in my life moved me. Seriously, I did nothing. I sat and chatted with Melissa, while they lifted and hauled box after box and heavy thing after heavy thing. They were all gross and sweaty afterwards, and they didn't care, they just loved seeing me and helping. It was SUCH a wonderful gift. Thanks dad, joey, dave, darren, josh, and sean. You guys rock!!!

Tomorrow I have a very long list of things to do. The last thing on it, is supper with my dearest friends and hanging out the rest of the evening. Then Wednesday morning I'll journey to the airport and board my 17 1/2 hour flight to Joburg!!!

WOOOO HOOOO


No comments:

Post a Comment