Wednesday, August 26, 2009

all over me

Jesus has been LOVING all over me the past two days...

He's been almost to sweet. To much.

but, uh, I'll take it!

Last night I had a wonderful dinner meeting with Jacques and his family. I couldn't be more proud to work for a man and ministry that loves Jesus so much. His care of me just really refreshed my spirit. I had a blast with jacque and nicole. They showed me all their newest gymnastics moves. I showed them some of my own. woot woot positive fitness.

Dinner was amazing. And lizzie made my favorites (brownies!!!!) Which i haven't had since my sweet melissa made them for me the day I left America. A-mazing!

The three of us sat around and talked and I just cried and shared so much of my heart since arriving here and getting ready to come while I was home. So many of the "secret" prayers between Jesus and me were answered in their hearts and responses. I was SO amazed and blessed by Jesus. It was delightful. I left feeling so elated that I work HERE for this ministry doing the work I am doing. It again just re-confirmed SO much how this is the place I am meant to be right now. Wow....

Jacques also mentioned again how he just believes the Lord is using this time to really restore to me all thats been lost. He told me how restoration is not simply giving back what was lost but giving MORE and something better. I guess maybe I knew that was part of the connotation of restoring but I forgot. What a sweet reminder!!!

Then tonight I went and had dinner with some friends from church. It was my first time driving (thanks for the lesson, seth!) alone AND at night. I was nervous as town is not big but difficult to navigate. But I made it in one piece. (side note: after having to call Matthew to come meet me because I was lost. BUT i was lost only one block from their house.)

What an amazing meal! First time eating curry...and...wait....for....it...REAL COFFEE!!!!!!!!!! I was so giddy I made them all laugh, it was awesome. I don't mind nescafe to much, but real, filtered coffee just made my night.

Then as I was leaving, they all sat and prayed for me. I guess I just realize how weak my faith is right now. Because I can agree with prayers but barely think to say them myself. It was such a sweet time of fellowship and lifting up our hearts (or my heart) to God. I was crying and just so sweetly blessed.

Also, Jennie prayed Joel 2:25-26 over me. These are the verses my church prayed over me before I left. They are the verses I have silently hoped the weak hope I have, for the past year or so, and here again they come up. I just was blown away and realized that the Lord really is going to restore something to me. I'm not sure what but I know it'll be sweet as honey and good. And that is enough....


I am SO so so so so sleepy but I just had to share both of these wonderful moments with you all....

No comments:

Post a Comment