I wish I had taken photos on Saturday. Saturday was our BIG Thanksgiving meal on the farm. There were 13 adults and 2 children in attendance.
Most of that is a fun little story in cross cultural living, but will prove rather dull and boring for a blog post.
I made the turkey.
I made the stuffing.
I made my chocolate cake and chocolate icing.
I made a pumpkin pie,
I made pumpkin cream cheese muffins.
I made green bean casserole.
I reviled in baking and cooking glory.
I was in the kitchen nonstop for 5 hours till it was all ready.
I was a beeline between the two ovens downstairs and
the one upstairs.
All three had something in almost nonstop.
Leah made deviled eggs and some snacks for later.
Lizzy brought a roast and potatoes.
Tom brought the bird he shot on the farm earlier in the week.
It was a great meal with my family here.
What an accomplishment!
and I was so happy and delighted.
I kept thinking of all the lies I was destroying.
So much joy and healing Saturday brought to me!
I really just love cooking and baking and
the entire process that involves
"kitchen" things.
put me in my apron and I'm a happy lady.
Sadly, I took no photos. I wasn't thinking.
Tom, Simba, Tommy, Fritz, Shawn and I all spent the night at the Hopehouse.
Sunday we woke up and had our big Christmas extravaganza.
We had a great breakfast. Played some silly games.
Then had our gift exchange.
We picked names.
It was awesome.
and hilarious!
As much as I am SO looking forward to being home,
I'll miss my SA family.
I'm glad we "had" Christmas early here.
You can never have to much Christmas cheer and
love
to spread around.
Do you like our Christmas Crowns?!?!!
Leah and her Christmas Umbrella
Nathan was super excited to get Madagascar.
Fritz salutes Christmas.

Simba was very excited to get a photo frame. He already has his new engagement photo in it with Annie.
Tom and Tommy opened together. (We went in alphabetical order. Being an "R" name I was not used to be in the top tier of anything. ever. But i was third to open! Crazy!)





No comments:
Post a Comment