Tuesday, May 11, 2010

things they say

I say: "Boys please put that down. We don't beat each other with books."
One of them says: "Yes, Bekah, my lady."

I say: "Boys, sit and eat your food nicely."
One of them says: "Bekah, hey, can you get me some water please, babe?"

one of them says: "hey Bekah, I love you. Can I have a hug?"
three seconds pass...
"Can we now please watch cinderella."

I hear from one of them: "Sweets, can we please color now?"

I guess my saying over and over.
"Hi my sweets."
"I love you my sweets."
"Way to go, my babe."
"Come my little men. No, I'm not your little man. I'm a lady, and I'm not little."
"Time to eat my men. Come my sweets."

all these and so many variations are rubbing off. This week it near killed me hearing them say "my sweets," or, "my lady," or, "babe."
seriously?!?! Seriously?!?!

hahahahhahah
Oh, I love them so much. I really need to get better at having them call me miss, or auntie, or something more formal...but I just secretly smile so much hearing them say these silly pet names back to me.

2 comments:

  1. I love this so much.
    A specific language of love being woven into lives, as beautiful evidence that the love itself is being woven woven woven too....
    wonderful.
    this makes me want to come visit you,
    or live with you.
    :)
    the permanence, the staying-with, the every day together,
    is something i don't so much have with the kids I love here.
    I am overjoyed that you have found it, and that it's YOU who are blessing these dear ones with the love HE has poured out on and in you.
    love. kate.

    ReplyDelete