This marks the 5th time
I
have read it.
That I remember, anyway.
But I figure
if ever I needed to re-put
TRUTH
into my
heart and mind
it is now.
The sweet little intern girls are all reading it too.
And I join em, once a week.
To talk and pray
and cry--
lots of crying.
Moslty, by me.
but, hey,
I'm cool with crying/
with sobbing.
(I am Cuban after all.
The Hispanic flavour in me has to erupt and show itself in some format.)
...........................................................
One of the things they talk about is how its so important for little girls to have a father growing up who lavishes attention on them. Who is present physically and emotionally. A dad who literally sings their praise and speaks love and beauty into them.You know how little girls are. How many times have you seen the sweet little angel girl* in a skirt prance around spinning and swaying and being perfectly content?
Little girls love feeling pretty in a dress that
spins and sways
But, my dad got it really.
My mom will tell you she has no eye for hair, make-up, dresses, anything feminine. Love her heart.
(which is cool because she taught me how to pitch a no-hitter, and make a lay-up. Also, very valuable skills for every girl to know)
I still love when they buy me dresses or skirts.
I think the most romantic gift a boy and give his lady is a dress. He'd only buy her a dress if he thinks she'd be lovely wearing it. And he'd only buy something he thinks is lovely.
SO...it's like being
doubly lovely.
(I actually like dresses so much and think they are SO romantic, I'd much rather get an "engagement" dress than an engagement ring)
This past Christmas, my parents gave me three dresses. Three lovely dresses.
Three dresses that I adore.
And I wore all the time (I say "wore" because I decided to leave them at home, in storage).
But I love them.
I love having parents who delight in me.
And make me feel
lovely
special
beautiful.
I love dresses. If your a boy, and dating or married. Go get your lass a dress!
She'll thank you,
I promise!
*Photo by my friend and photographer extraordinaire: Melissa Brooks, of her little girl. Probably one of my top 5 favorite images ever.*

No comments:
Post a Comment