Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Today

Today is a day I wish never came.
But it did.

So here I sit at my little macbook telling the world my sob story.
of how life didn't go how I wished. 
how I wanted.
how I dreamed.

Instead, it is more full than anything I'd dream or imagine....

Including the selling of my beloved wedding dress.
The very first dress I put on.
It fit perfectly.
Like a glove.  
It needed to alterations. Or hemming, Or fixing. It was perfect.
Created for me. 
And I wore it proudly. Joyfully. Delightfully.
For the groom I thought I'd spend my life loving and being loved by.

.................................................................................

The dress is now listed to sell. 
It seems silly and pointless to keep. I will never wear it again. I'll never have the little girls I dreamed about playing dress up in it as they grew. And it only symbolizes all the lies and betrayal I try so desperately to put behind me each day.

The time has finally come. Saying goodbye to that is saying goodbye to the dreams all over again. 

But thats ok. 
I'm beginning to have new dreams again. 

It's good to clean out and make your life fresh. 
Full of love and good things.
Chasing love and good things.

Please pray I get a GREAT price for the heartache attached to that dress and that I can use it to buy some great books to bring with me to Africa. 

2 comments:

  1. Powerful symbolism. And I am proud of you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Will be praying that your dress is the perfect dress for someone else and that the Lord would lead them to it (and that they'll pay well for it!)

    ReplyDelete