Sunday, September 20, 2009

WHOA!

So tonight I drove one of the OneHope cars to church. It was a packed car. Lauren, Kelly, Nathan, and Lisa came along.

Church was wonderful.
Also: it was exactly what the chapter in another book I am reading was about
just yesterday.
I think I should pay attention to what HE is saying.

After, we went out for pizza with friends. First time parallel parking.
Wasn't to shabby if I say so myself.

Then we came home. Made it past an accident, the traffic on the R101, and made the turn onto our road. The car started struggling to accelerate. So I thought I'd downshift and help it out.
All of a sudden, lights started going off like crazy and it died.
Completely dead.
Not mostly dead.
All dead. (thats for you Princess Bride fans out there. Love that quote. Love that movie. anyway)
Wouldn't turn on or let me roll to the side of the road.
Then SMOKE started pouring forth out of it.

Needless to say, it was, uhh, not happy about something.

At least two ways God was working in the car breaking down:
  1. 1) other friends from our farm were still in town and they had a car that can tow, and had their tow rope with them and were just heading to the farm.
  2. 2) we were past the point on the road where you lose cell reception. However, somehow, our phones worked. Lisa and I both were able to get through to people we needed too.

Its not super safe here at night, and it is crazy how the Lord let our phones work. Also, the fact that I wasn't alone, and the guys were still in town and able to tow us quickly.

Also, while this car drama unfolded,
I had to go SO bad;
and am not above using the side of the road.
So I went.
It was glorious.
I forgot how ridiculously giddy I get peeing on the side of the road.
I guess I feel like I'm camping, or a little kid, or breaking some law, or taking a risk because a car might come any moment.
I don't know.
But I do know that tonight the car broke down.
And Jesus took care of us.
and I peed on the side of the road.

Good times....

1 comment:

  1. Wow! Praise the Lord!!! He def. was with you! It's funny b/c i was praying for u today and asked God to continue to protect you specifically, lol funny how God works. Well i'm glad that ur back safe and sound and blogging to keep us updated! love you tons dear!

    ReplyDelete